{shake it up – guilty pleasures!}

Posted on August 27, 2010

i feel like my friday posts lately keep showing pictures of dessert!  but what better guilty pleasure is there than a full piece of red velvet cake with yummy cream cheese frosting. (one of mine!)  talk about feeling guilty afterwards!

i have to say, though, that i’m in the camp that believes that there’s nothing wrong with guilty pleasures – if you enjoy it, who cares!  be loud and proud about it!  who cares that i have a jordan knight cd?  that song rocked when it came out (grin)!

so this week’s shake it up adventure is to:

indulge in a guilty pleasure

i’m thinking we can all get on board with this challenge!

and of course i must know – what are some of your guilty pleasures?

happy friday – have a wonderful weekend!

[images above from top:  via sweetcakes bakeshop discovered via lushlee;  via style me pretty]

Comments

22 Responses to “{shake it up – guilty pleasures!}”

1. Sandy
    August 27th, 2010 @ 8:57 am

red velvet cake!?! YUMMY! i just had some red velvet ice cream the other day which was just as delicious!! i’m going to seattle for a wedding this weekend, should be fun! :)

2. Kate
    August 27th, 2010 @ 9:40 am

My guilty pleasures? Pretty much anything that involves chocolate and raspberry… truffles, ice cream, mochas, cake. I’ll be sure to indulge sometime this weekend. :)

*kate

3. Helena - A Diary of Lovely
    August 27th, 2010 @ 10:13 am

How difficult can it be? i would really like to give it a go!! It looks so pretty!!

4. Happenstance
    August 27th, 2010 @ 10:42 am

I just bought a dozen red velvet cupcakes this week. My indulgence started early:) Have a great weekend!

5. Susan
    August 27th, 2010 @ 11:09 am

A Starbucks Grande Mocha, with whole milk and whipped cream. Pure heaven. I limit myself to one a week, so I savor each one!

6. Sonja
    August 27th, 2010 @ 11:35 am

um..yum!!! perfect for friday’s :) hope you have a lovely weekend!

7. Hannah @ Peggy Ann Design
    August 27th, 2010 @ 11:45 am

red velvet cake is my absolute favorite!!

8. Brandi
    August 27th, 2010 @ 3:55 pm

My biggest guilty pleasure are red swedish fish, crunchy cheetos, and shrimp tempura rolls (so fattening but so good). I never feel bad indulging in the desserts I make or most other foods and desserts (as long as they’re made from scratch). I might avoid my guilty pleasures and just eat extra food. And red velvet cake…so delicious. I’m still working on perfecting mine.

9. jamie
    August 27th, 2010 @ 3:56 pm

jordan knight. hilarious!

10. jane
    August 27th, 2010 @ 5:31 pm

I was temped to buy a cupcake after work, but this seals the deal. love that color red! xo,jane

11. Eva
    August 27th, 2010 @ 10:57 pm

i’ll will diving into cakes this weekend..going to birthday parties!-red velvet is my favorite!

12. Lori
    August 27th, 2010 @ 11:01 pm

For some reason I thought that was carrot cake for some reason! I guess down south I’ve seen it red velvet cake – bright red. ;-) Either way, it’s beautiful and I want some of that cream cheese frosting! That’s all I’d eat anyways of either cake! ;-)

13. Kristin
    August 27th, 2010 @ 11:27 pm

It’s guilty pleasure time tomorrow night! A whole bottle of bubbly!

14. katrina
    August 28th, 2010 @ 2:30 am

red velvet cake, certainly. there was a time when i baked red velvet cake every week for 3 months. gained a ton of weight, but heck, it was sooo good. craving some right now! :D

15. AmyJo
    August 28th, 2010 @ 9:29 am

GASP! What? Partake in guilty pleasures?! Twist my arm…

As for mine … liquid candy bars … ice cream … cake … pizza … pasta … CHOCOLATE … yeah, there’s probably too many to mention. Sigh.

16. and flowers pick themselves
    August 29th, 2010 @ 10:19 am

looks delicious! i am a sucker for anything mint or cookie dough flavored.

xo Alison

17. Terri
    August 29th, 2010 @ 3:04 pm

My two favorite guilty pleasures are cupcakes and brownies. I may just have to bake up a pan of brownies before the weekend is over.

18. Maria
    August 29th, 2010 @ 9:09 pm

Hi Piper, I just stumbled upon your blog and it’s lovely! I love how you come about with the name of your blog, it’s a beautiful way of arriving to a name isn’t it? My guilty pleasure – eating Milo right from the tin, no milk necessary!! :)

19. Emily
    August 30th, 2010 @ 6:29 am

You named it Red Velvet cake is definitely a guilty pleasure, we even had it as our wedding cake. Oh man I might need to get some this week :)

20. Maddy
    August 30th, 2010 @ 7:04 am

I have many, especially now that I’m dieting! Red Velvet would be at the top of my list…and I just indulged in some this weekend, as well as milkshake and a quesadilla! Lol! I’m rubbing my Buddha belly as I type :)

21. Charlotta Ward
    September 1st, 2010 @ 6:38 am

Mamma Mia, how could I have missed this one!?! I would have participated in a beat.. or, wait a minute.. I did without knowing there was a ‘challenge’.. :) Would have been the ultimate justification for indulging in freshly baked organic ‘pain au chocolat’ from a divine little organic & eco friendly bakery not far from here!
    Yum yum and uber yum!

Living without guilty pleasures is not no fun at all and I say we do this one more often!! :)

xx C

22. JEN RAMOS
    September 4th, 2010 @ 5:12 pm

The RED Velvet cake is my favorite…I had a cupcake yesterday…and it’s sooo moist. that’s my GUILTY pleasure, nothing wrong with that. :) ))

madebygirl.blogspot.com