{etsy find + seek…creepy}

Posted on | October 13, 2010 | 7 Comments

it’s funny how certain images can send shivers up your spine…just a simple white night dress can bring up images of lizzy borden.  and don’t even get me started on the creepiness of doll faces.

taken in a different setting some of these things may not have that creepy feeling…but combined…ooOOOOooooOOOOoooo!

[cool etsy finds, clockwise from top left:  marching ants belt buckle from tara gilchrist;  bed bug poison bottle from w.u.s.s.;  crows raven song music vintage style from gothicrow;  vintage 1950s lizzy bennet dressing gown from small earth vintage;  doorway through the viewfinder into the macabre photo from little put shop;  3 frozen charlotte heads from okiedokieartichoky]

Comments

7 Responses to “{etsy find + seek…creepy}”

1. Brandi
    October 13th, 2010 @ 8:41 am

I think you have all the elements for a perfect horror film. I don’t like creepy dolls faces either. I think that’s why almost all my toys growing up were stuffed animals. I didn’t have many dolls at all.

2. Maddy
    October 13th, 2010 @ 10:09 am

I’m not a fan of dolls either! When I was a kid, I had a recurring dream of killer porcelain dolls tearing blood! So dolls still creep me out! Great finds though :)

3. hip hip gin gin
    October 13th, 2010 @ 12:24 pm

Oh my word, I really hope my future kids don’t like dolls. They are so creepy! My husband’s grandma used to have dolls in her guest room and I would make him put them all in the closet as soon as we got there. And then I would be looking at the closet sideways at night half expecting one of them to pounce out of there. The movie Chucky obviously scarred me for life.

4. [email protected] IHOD
    October 13th, 2010 @ 9:16 pm

Ooooo you are right…creepy….the perfect elements of a good halloween party:D

5. Sandy a la Mode
    October 14th, 2010 @ 1:52 am

i can’t even look at the first one! it is too creepy haha!! great finds though lady!! :D

6. Amy
    October 14th, 2010 @ 7:33 am

Doll heads COMPLETELY creep me out!

7. My Owl Barn
    October 14th, 2010 @ 3:29 pm

The first image looked like a soap with ants on it then I read in the description that it’s actually a belt buckle. Either way it’s creepy!

The Scoop

i'm an aspiring new boutique owner, wannabe interior designer and indie design devotee. i have a love (ok, obsession) for discovering new things and sharing them with others. here is where I get to share my "finds", talk about my plans to escape the dreaded "day job" and basically go nuts over cool design. so if you're looking for inspiration for you + your home (along with a healthy dose of humor) then one sydney road is your place!

as seen on: